Apple Cranberry Breakfast Cake2 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon + 1 tablespoon for topping
1/2 cup butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar + 2 tablespoon for topping
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup cranberries
2 apples diced & peeled
- Mix together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until combined.
- Add the vanilla and sour cream
- Beat in the egg.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add to mixture.
- Stir in the cranberries and apple.
- Spread evenly into two Greased 8" baking pans.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar and cinnamon over the batter.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes – until golden
This cake freezes very well. Eat one now and save one for later.
Cut a crisp, ripe cranberry in half and see it's delicate beauty. What do you see?
Cooking and baking with cranberries is great in the fall and early winter. They are in season in September and October and available fresh up to Christmas. Click here to find some more cranberry recipes to try