March begins a wonderful adventure for us dear readers. I'm hosting a new sort of giveaway: The Random Acts of Kindness Campaign. Every Random Act of Kindness you commit in March will earn you entries into my giveaway, but more importantly it could change your world!
What is a Random Act of Kindness?
All you need to do is go out of your way to do something unexpectedly kind for someone else. Other qualifying acts are Paying It Forward, Glamourbombing, Altruism, Senseless Acts of Beauty or Good Deeds. No gesture is too big or too small; we never know the ripple effect of joy and awareness a single act creates, just know that it spreads and grows.
Need some examples?
• Pay for someone’s meal behind you at a fast-food drive-thru.
• Leave $5 in a random library book to be discovered by the next loaner.
• Volunteer or donate to any worthy organization.
• Print up some inspiring signs and post them around town.
• Leave your change in the vending machine for the next person as a nice surprise.
• Send flowers.
• Shovel your neighbor’s snow.
• Baby-sit for free.
• Bring cupcakes to work.
• Create chalk art on a public sidewalk.
• Send an unexpected care package.
• Mail a $5, $10 or $20 bill anonymously to someone you know who is financially troubled.
The possibilities are as endless as your imagination.
There will be 2 giveaway winners:
1. Random entry chosen using a random number generator.
2. The participant with the most entries.
Each winner will receive a Box of Random Kindness, filled with useful and beautiful things.
To enter: comment below with your COMPLETED Random Act of Kindness. Please make each Random Act of Kindness a separate comment. I look forward to seeing what wonderful mischief and goodness you brew!
You can receive an extra entry every time you blog about your Random Acts of Kindness, enter each as a separate comment with a direct URL to your post.
Follow along with me in the month of March to see the Random Act of Kindness I pass out and watch me fill up the Random Kindness Boxes for the giveaway winners! The folly begins March 1st; deadline to enter your Random Acts of Kindness is April Fools Day.
Receive an extra entry for displaying the button on your blog!
Comment below to recieve your extra entry along with your blog URL.
Let's have fun, shall we?
- Entries posted as one comment will only be counted as one entry.
- I can mail prize boxes within the United States only - so sorry overseas friends!
- I reserve the right to disqualify any entry that is in poor taste or breaks the law.
- In case of a tie for the second prize (most entries), a random number generator will be used to determine the second prize winner.
- I must be able to contact you through your blog or e-mail in order for you to win.
March 1st: Started the Random Acts of Kindness Campaign!
March 2nd: Visited a friend in the hospital and brought flowers.
March 3rd: Glamourbombed the park with a message of love written in the snow. Also cleaned up my mom's kitchen while she slept (she had surgery on Monday).
March 4th: Purchased homemade tutu’s on Etsy to bestow on three very special little princesses.
March 5th: While in my car in a parking lot a woman approached me (scared the shit out of me) and said her cousins car was out of gas, did I have any money. Normally I would assume it was really for drugs and send a person like this on their way, but I gave her the benefit of the doubt and all the money I had.
March 6th: While in-line with my purchase, the lady next to me was very disappointed to find out that her purchase wasn't a part of the "big sale", so I gave her my 40% off coupon. She saved more than I would have anyway.
March 7th: Gave my niece a collection of sown seeds to take home and watch grow in cute little pots.
March 9th: Gave a cookie log to my Mother-in-Law.
March 10th: Payed for the car behind me at the drive-thru.
March 12th: Brought 2 new bags of puppy treats to the newest four legged member of my extended family.
March 13th: Reported a shoplifter to the manager of the store I was shopping at. I don't know if the person stopped was happy about it, but the manager was grateful.
March 16th: Brought my mother coffee.
March 17th: Distributed 3 wish tickets
March 20th: Brought tulips to a friend.
March 24th: Handed out a couple tu-tu's.
March 27th: At a Lia Sopia party, I bought a necklace for one of the t’weens in attendance with her mom instead of buying something for myself.
March 30th: Gave my Mother-in-Law a pretty spring flower wreath for her door.
Donated to SpiritPhoenix's Susan G Komen 3 Day Walk.
March 31st: Brought cookies to my Aunt and Uncle.