How often my day is gone before I know it. The hours just slip away. What I want, what I need and what I have to-do are not in balance. Many of my hours are lost on mindless activities like the TV and computer. It's not that I don't enjoy these activities, but the time I spend is not ideal. I want my day to be more ideal and less mindless.
Here's what I'm gonna, join in if you would like! Each morning, before I even get out of bed or maybe the night before, I'm going to plan my ideal day. This is not a to-do list, or an attempt to schedule every 15 minutes of my day. It's a flow of how my ideal day will go. I will input this flow of my ideal day each morning on my phone, A.K.A. my lifeline. You can use a notepad instead.
First we will start with our wants. These are tasks we will really look forward to doing. Examples:
• A cup of tea in the morning and check my social media
• Watch the latest episode of Walking Dead
• Play Candyland with Angelus
Then add any must-do's. These are tasks we have scheduled in our calender. Examples:
• Work or dentist appointment? Maybe there is a friend's birthday party to attend and a bag of donations to gather and put out for pick-up
Throw-in a few need-to's. Those nagging tasks that have no set due date, but need to happen eventually - why not tackle a few today? Examples:
• Wash a load of laundry
• Return calls
• Buy milk
Lastly plan your meals. Examples:
• Breakfast-Eggs, toast and fruit at home
• Lunch-Soup and salad at restaurant with Mom
• Dinner-Taco night at home with family
Now, blend it together. Some days will have more wants than needs and some have all musts and no needs. The point is to take each day as it is and make it ideal. If tomorrow my ideal day is to mostly watch a marathon of my favorite movies while I fold laundry and return calls, so mote it be!
Not everyday will turn out ideal. But right now, very few of mine are and the only person getting in the way is me!
Why do this? We all deserve ideal days.
• Do at least one act of self-care a day.
• Eat at least 3 fruits or vegetables a day.
• Fill and donate one bag of "stuff" a week.
• Each morning (or night before) plan your ideal day.
© Photography & Writing - All Rights Dawn Marie Howard